Phentermine is a prescription-only drug and it is used to restrain appetite. Numerous medications available for the treatment of obesity, but Phentermine are considered to be an effective medicine among others. It is the generic version of brand Adipex. Many physicians prescribed this medicine for weight loss. One of the biggest problems for diet people is that they cannot able to control overeating. There are numerous reasons available why people have this issue. Few people are emotional eaters and others they have insulin issues that determinant huge flows and drops in blood sugar by that the body ingested so more foods. Phentermine medication helps to decrease hunger or make feel full hunger by that it helps to reduce the weight.
Even though this medication is considered as an effective one for weight loss, it has some severe side effects which may include:
- Dry mouth
Phentermine working function
This medication triggers the discharge of small amounts of epinephrine and adrenaline in the brain part. When this occurs, the body can start to breakdown put away fat reserves and may prompt small surges in the digestion. Those things can assist, however, are not the reason that individuals depend on fat burner pill when they need assistance controlling craving so they can reduce weight.
Available brand names for Phentermine
- The available brand drug in the United States for Phentermine weight reduction medication are Lomaira and Adipex-P.
- Abandoned brand medicines are OnaMast, Oby-Trim, Obenix, Wilpo, Fastin, Tora and Suprenza.
Reasons for prescribing Phentermine medication to patients
- This fat burner medication is linked with exercise and eating regimen for volatile treatment of weight reduction in persons with a BMI(Body Mass Index) greater than or equal to 27kg/m2 or greater than or equal to 30kg/m2 with hazard cause for a heart problem.
- The combination of Fenfluramine and Phentermine is linked with severe heart diseases. Since Fenfluramine is no longer available in the United States.
- Phentermine ought not to be combined with other weight reduction agents.
Feasibility of Phentermine dosage and Forms
The weight loss pill dosage is accessible in the following strengths: 8mg, 15mg, 18.75mg, 30mg, and 37.5mg. Most of physicians recommended a dosage of 15mgto 37.5mg per day. It is usually taken about 1 to 2 hours after breakfast. Mostly recommended to use the lowest dose and should not be taken the weight loss medicine at evening since it causes insomnia.
Dosage forms are available in the following preparations
(i) Capsules – 15mg, 30mg, and 37.5mg
(ii)Tablets – 8mg and 37.5mg
Phentermine Drug Interactions
- Severe side effects occur while taking alcohol with Phentermine weight reduction pill.
- Phentermine is like amphetamine and may share a portion of the interactions related to amphetamines. Blending weight loss pill with tricyclic antidepressants (for instance, amitriptyline [Elavil, Endep]) or monoamine oxidase inhibitors or MAOIs (for instance, selegiline [Zelapar, Emsam, and Eldepryl], phenelzine [Nardil]) may bring about hypertension and other severe effects due to raised serotonin levels in the blood. This fat burner pill ought not to be utilized within14 days after quitting a monoamine oxidase inhibitor.
- Individuals who suffered from diabetes and being treated with weight loss pill may advice you to take less dose of oral hypoglycemic medication.